LDAP entry for 8.1.6 in iPlanet

From: Tony Vecchiet <Tony.Vecchiet_at_xilinx.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:59:00 -0800

--------------F4C77D0599371127DDB03783

8.1.6 now supports LDAP for database service and alias names. The documentation says that,
"With the directory naming method, connect identifiers are mapped to connect descriptors contained in an LDAP-compliant directory server, including Oracle Internet Directory, Microsoft's Active Directory, or Novell Directory Services. A directory provides central administration of database services and net service names, making it easier to add or relocate services."

We have iPlanet's ldap server (former Netscape), and I'd like to know if it's possible to make an entry in it. Anyone ever do it?
thanks

--------------F4C77D0599371127DDB03783

 filename="tony.vecchiet.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Vecchiet;Tony
tel;fax:408.377.3153
tel;work:408.879.4771
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Xilinx, Inc
adr:;;2100 Logic Drive;San Jose;CA;95124;USA version:2.1
email;internet:tony.vecchiet_at_xilinx.com
title:Manager, Oracle Database Group
x-mozilla-cpt:;14432
fn:Tony Vecchiet
end:vcard