OPS - auto startup/shutdown

From: Leng Kaing <lkaing_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:40:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi Guys,

Env: Tru64 Unix, Oracle 8.1.7 with OPS on a 2 node cluster

Argh, this Compaq and OPS thing is driving me nuts. We couldn't just go with safe and common platforms like Solaris and non-OPS of course.

So using shared disk systems for OPS, how do you guys go about configuring Oracle for files are most be localized. eg. /etc/oratab should be node specific and point to the database to startup on each node. With disk systems this file is now shared by both nodes. So do you relocate the oratab?

My unix admin tells me that perhaps I should look at placing all node specific files in
/cluster/members/{memb}/boot_partition and then modify all scripts to point to this area. Sure, I guess I can do this for scripts I know about. But what about other stuff that Oracle does behind that scene that I might not be aware of?

TIA, Leng.

Leng Kaing - lkaing_at_yahoo.com
AUSOUG-VIC : http://www.ausoug.org/vic/
Web: http://dingo.vu.edu.au/~leng/

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos - Share your holiday photos online! Received on Thu Jan 11 2001 - 18:40:37 CST