Excessive archive log

From: Roy Ferguson <rferguso_at_level1.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:11:35 -0800 (PST)

Over the last week or two, our Oracle 8.0.5.2.1 database has been generating an abnormally large number or archive logs. I am compressing the archive logs every 6 hours but still have to mv archive logs to another filesystem because the archive log filesystem is reaching 100%.

Does anyone have some advice as what to look at or where to look in order to determine the cause of this?

thanks in advance. Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 11:11:35 CST