Recovery of table from hot-backup - HELP

From: Fred Smith <fred_fred_1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:37:29 -0500

DBAs, (I'm usually just a reader of this list, but here's a go at being a poster for once!!!)

   I have a question for you DBAs out there that run VLDBs and have some good experiences with them. I have hit my max on db_files and maxdatafiles and need to free up some files by deleting a few tables. (I can not shutdown the database to recreate the controlfile to increase these values).   I want to delete a large table I have that spans 10 partitions that are each in their own datafile (thus freeing up 10 files). I have a full backup from the first of the month. I want to truncate and drop the table as well as each of the OS files making up each partition. MY QUESTION IS: If I need emergency access to this table again at a later date is there any way that I can pull it from this full backup?? (The table is too large to export)

I would assume there is no way since dropping the table would update the control file to reflect this change and would eliminate the ability to "restore" any object. Is this also true had the table been in read-only mode??

Thanks a lot,
  -Fred Smith