<defunct> process in AIX

From: Rahul <rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:27:37 +0700

List,
we are running oracle 816 on AIX H70, we use the tty port to communicate with a telephone switch, program written in 'C' reads from Oracle and writes the command to the '/dev/tty1' .

the problem is that sometimes the port hangs and we find a zombie <defuct> process hanging in memory...... it does not allow to drop and recreate the port also..
says... "specified device is busy..."

is there any way to clear the <defunct> process ? and/or drop/recreate the TTY port ??

previously we used to re-boot the machine, but this is not an option now..

Regards Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 03:27:37 CST