Optimisation of insert and update

From: bipin sahani <bipinsahani_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 04:43:44 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,
I've following queries regarding oracle insert and update

1)Is there any way I can optimise my insert statemnts 2)I want to update multiple rows based on same condition in oracle 7.1.6

For e.g update taba set b='XYZ' whare c='ABC'

        update taba set b='PQR' where c='LMN' and so forth.
And no of columns which will be getting updated daily is not also constant .One day 10 columns will get updated Next day 25000 will get updated. Is there any way to speed up this process.Or I'll have to call SQL everytime for each update 3)What's maximum length of SQL query I can write  in ORACLE 7.1.6.And what are the factors on which it depends.
Thankx in advance
Regards
Bipin

Do You Yahoo!?