How to test performance of 2x Windows NT servers

From: Suhen Pather <Suhen.Pather_at_strandbags.com.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:02:54 +1100

List,

I am busy testing performance of an Oracle 8.1.6.1 database running on NT 4. The database is performing very poorly.

Harware : Dell, 4 CPU, 1,5 GB memory, raid 5 config. Setup by Dell engineers.
I suspect that this machine is not setup and tuned very well. I would like to test the harware and benchmark against another server.

I do not want to benchmark database resuts between the both servers yet. I would like to isolate the db and test just the O/S.

Is there a benchmark test that I could perform on 2x NT 4 servers to compare the results.
It must not be a simple test though.

Best Regards

Suhen Pather
Oracle DBA (OCP)
Strandbags Australia
Land 02 9749 7791
email suhen.pather_at_strandbags.com.au Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 18:02:54 CST