Re: Export of very big table. Solution?

From: Jim Conboy <Jim.Conboy_at_trw.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 07:04:31 -0800

Eric-

I'm not clear what your indended usage of the export file is. If you need = to import it into another database maybe the 8i tablespace transport can = help.

Jim

>>> eric.lansu_at_dutchtone.nl 01/09/01 07:21AM >>>
Hello Listers,

Some time ago I asked you how to export a very big file. The solution was = in
piping and UNIX-split.
We did this before, but what we didn't do was dd-ing from the pipe to the dump file. We piped it straight in. It looks like this solved our = corruption
problem on compressed exports files.

The problem remains it's very slow. Our exports may be in order now, but there's no way we can use them anymore. Next thing we are investigating is 'select'-ing it to a comma-delimited file, and restore it with SQL*Loader. = A
regular select is very slow though! It takes 2 1/2 days to unload the = tabel
(22.500.000 records)

Does anyone know a faster way to create a flat-file of a table this size?

Eric Lansu
--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author:=20
  INET: eric.lansu_at_dutchtone.nl=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 09:04:31 CST