ALTER INDEX REBUILD

From: Bill Gentry <gentry_at_allina.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:51:14 -0600

--------------A81CB00E89FA20B96A09442F

I recently upgraded from Oracle 8.0.5 to 8.1.6 and have noticed that the

run time to rebuild all my indexes (using "alter index rebuild ...") have more than doubled.
I running on an AIX 4.3.2 platform.
Have any of you encountered a similar problem and, if so, were you able to do anything to improve the situation? TIA,
Bill Gentry
bgentry_at_allina.com

--------------A81CB00E89FA20B96A09442F

 filename="gentry.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Gentry;Bill
tel;fax:612-775-1161
tel;work:612-775-1190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:ALLINA HEALTH SYSTEM
adr:;;1375 Willow Street;Minneapolis;MN;55403; version:2.1
email;internet:gentry_at_allina.com
title:ORACLE DBA
fn:Bill Gentry
end:vcard