Re: Unix performance

From: John Kanagaraj <JKanagaraj_at_mfi.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 14:34:45 -0800

> and after running this simple loop that simply does a few basic mathmatic
> opertions, our production server does the loop in 40secs and our new server
> does the loop in 10secs. Does anyont konw what could cause such a drastic
> differnce in doing a simple math operation. and yes both tests were
> performed with no other users on the servers.
> this is the loop:

Hi HP,

Can you run the loop as a shell script and time it via 'time <script>' and report the times (real, user, sys) and then maybe we could pick up some extra clues.

In any case, aren't you happy that the new server is performing 4 times better (at least for this job)???!

John Kanagaraj
http://www.geocities.com/john_sharmila

Disclaimer : The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect those of MFI or its associates Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 16:34:45 CST