Re: Full disk error

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:28:33 -0500

They are because the tablespace is full. If the tablespace is the size of the whole disk then it would be because your disk is full. If there is room on the disk, extend the size of the tablespace either by resizing one or more of the datafiles or by creating a new datafile in this tablespace.

HTH,
Ruth
it is more important to be human than to be important ----- Original Message -----
From: "DEMANCHE Luc (Cetelem)" <luc.demanche_at_cetelem.fr> To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 5:30 AM
Subject: Full disk error

Hi gurus,

A developer got these error messages when he tried a INSERT.

ORA-01237: cannot extend datafile ...
ORA-01110: data file 95: '/oracle/ ....'
ORA-19502: write error on file .....
ORA-27063: skgfospo: number of bytes read/written is incorrect

All these errors are because my disk is full.

But my question is: Why are these errors not logged in alert.log file? Is it because it's considered as OS error?

TIA

Luc Demanche
CETELEM
Tél.: 01-46-39-14-49 Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 08:28:33 CST