Export of very big table. Solution?

From: <eric.lansu_at_dutchtone.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:20:05 +0100

Hello Listers,

Some time ago I asked you how to export a very big file. The solution was in piping and UNIX-split.
We did this before, but what we didn't do was dd-ing from the pipe to the dump file. We piped it straight in. It looks like this solved our corruption problem on compressed exports files.

The problem remains it's very slow. Our exports may be in order now, but there's no way we can use them anymore. Next thing we are investigating is 'select'-ing it to a comma-delimited file, and restore it with SQL*Loader. A regular select is very slow though! It takes 2 1/2 days to unload the tabel (22.500.000 records)

Does anyone know a faster way to create a flat-file of a table this size? Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 06:20:05 CST