RE: Rollback segments in "RECOVER" status

From: Trassens, Christian <CTrassens_at_uni2.es>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:23:43 +0100

I don't think he would need it. After he put the datafile online, he = can
consider which path to choose. However, you should take care of _corrupted_rollback_segments and _offline_rollback_segments, because = you
could drop rollback segments and corrupt your database.

Regards.

init.ora.

>=20

> _corrupted_rollback_segments=3D(r01,r02......;
>=20

> then drop offline the tablespace.
> drop the rollback segment.
> recreate the rollback segment.
>=20

> I think it will work.
>=20
>=20

> -----OE=B3'=CCf=81fbfZ=81[fW-----
> =8D=B7=8Fo=90l: Trassens, Christian [mailto:CTrassens_at_uni2.es]
> '-=90M"=FAZz: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 PM 06:15
> ^=B6=90=E6: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
> OE=8F-=BC: RE: Rollback segments in "RECOVER" status
>=20
> First of all, you must never put a datafile of rollback tablespace =
offline
> when the database is up and running. You should put the rollback =
segment
> offline:

>=20
> alter rollback segment <rbs01> offline; ( try not to use STORAGE =
MANAGER
> or
> Enterprise Manager products )
>=20

> Now for your problem issue from svrmgr23 a recover datafile
> 'E:\ORANT\DATABASE\RBS2ORCL.ORA' ( CROSS YOUR FINGERS(*) ) and then =
alter
> database datafile 'E:\ORANT\DATABASE\RBS2ORCL.ORA' online;. Probably =
after
> this the rollbacks should be online because it isn't an usually case =
of
> NEEDS RECOVERY. However take a look of the state of those issuing a =
select
> segment_name,status from sys.dba_rollback_segs where segment_name in
> =

('RB3','RB4','RB5','RB6','RB7','RB8','RB9','RB10','RB11','RB12','RB13','= RB
> 14
> ','RB15','RB16');
>=20

> (*) Because of the archive mode of your database. If you have it in
> archivelog with archives, NO PROBLEM. However if it an NOARCHIVELOG
> database, you should pray just to expect that the information is in =
the
> redo
> logs.
>=20

> Regards and good luck.
>=20
>=20
>=20

RECOVERY". =20
> >=20
> > I was even going to drop the database, re-create it, and re-import =
the
> > data,
> > but it won't even let me do that!
> >=20
> > Anyone have an idea of how I can get out of this problem?
> >=20
> > Thanks,
> >=20
> > Wayne Andersen=20
> > --=20
> > --=20
> > Author: Andersen, Wayne A
> > INET: WayneAAndersen_at_Eaton.com
> >=20
> > San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing =
Lists