RE: Security issue : user account to do db management

From: Disser, Arno <a.disser_at_sfs.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:28:09 +0100

Yep. Working still with Oracle 7.3.4 and Alpha/OpenVMS the ORACLE7 account is only used for software installation and upgrades. Any VMS user with the ORA_DBA identifier granted may do any kind of SVRMGR tasks, independent of it's account group. This way it is possible to track an individual DBA, because any DBA works with it's own account.
btw: it seems to me that sharing an account is definitly a security risc!