?: Rollback segments in "RECOVER" status

From: Dash, Saroj (CAP,CEF) <Saroj.Dash_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 19:19:45 +0900

 Use the hidden paramerter for the corrupted rollbacksegment in = init.ora.

_corrupted_rollback_segments=3D(r01,r02......;

then drop offline the tablespace.
drop the rollback segment.
recreate the rollback segment.

I think it will work.

-----OE=B3'=CCf=81fbfZ=81[fW-----
=8D=B7=8Fo=90l: Trassens, Christian [mailto:CTrassens_at_uni2.es]
'-=90M"=FAZz: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 PM 06:15 ^=B6=90=E6: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L OE=8F-=BC: RE: Rollback segments in "RECOVER" status

First of all, you must never put a datafile of rollback tablespace = offline
when the database is up and running. You should put the rollback = segment
offline:

alter rollback segment <rbs01> offline; ( try not to use STORAGE = MANAGER or
Enterprise Manager products )

Now for your problem issue from svrmgr23 a recover datafile 'E:\ORANT\DATABASE\RBS2ORCL.ORA' ( CROSS YOUR FINGERS(*) ) and then = alter
database datafile 'E:\ORANT\DATABASE\RBS2ORCL.ORA' online;. Probably = after
this the rollbacks should be online because it isn't an usually case of NEEDS RECOVERY. However take a look of the state of those issuing a = select
segment_name,status from sys.dba_rollback_segs where segment_name in ('RB3','RB4','RB5','RB6','RB7','RB8','RB9','RB10','RB11','RB12','RB13','= RB14
','RB15','RB16');

(*) Because of the archive mode of your database. If you have it in archivelog with archives, NO PROBLEM. However if it an NOARCHIVELOG database, you should pray just to expect that the information is in the = redo
logs.

Regards and good luck.

=20

>=20
> I was even going to drop the database, re-create it, and re-import = the
> data,
> but it won't even let me do that!
>=20
> Anyone have an idea of how I can get out of this problem?
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Wayne Andersen=20
> --=20
> --=20
> Author: Andersen, Wayne A
>   INET: WayneAAndersen_at_Eaton.com
>=20
> San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing =
Lists
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com --=20
Author: Trassens, Christian
  INET: CTrassens_at_uni2.es
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Tue Jan 09 2001 - 04:19:45 CST