RE: System Rollback Segment

From: <sheisey_at_att.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:45:50 +0000

Jay,prior to version 7.1.6 you always had to create a non-system rollback segment in the system tablespace to create additional non-system rollback segments in non-system tablespaces. However since 7.1.6 Oracle still continued to create the non-system rollback in the system tablespace (in the Oracle generated create DB scripts) even though it is was not needed. However since the introduction of locally managed tablespaces you end with the same problem you have always had prior to 7.1.6. This means if you create a locally managed RBS tablespace in 8i you will have to create a non-system RBS in the system tablespace to create additional non-system RBS's in the locally managed RBS tablespace. If you still use Dictionary managed RBS tablespaces in 8i then you do not need to create the non-system RBS in the system tablespace. Hope this makes sense.

Scott