Re: Good morning

From: Gregory Conron <gconron_at_hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:11:14 -0400

On Mon, 08 Jan 2001, you wrote:
> Hello all Gurus :-)
>
> Just popping in to ask if there is a "Begineerers List" like this one out
> there anywhere. I'm new to Oracle and anxious to learn so I'll stick here
> as well. Have a couple books and have installed the program (v8 Win 98) and
> am currently playing with SQL*Plus.

If you are just beginning into Oracle, I recommend that you read, read, read, and then, read a bit more. Pick up either a developers guide (the Oracle 7.3 Developers Guide was a great book, but I don't believe it's available for 8.x) or the dba handbook (always a great reference), depending upon which Oracle track you wish to pursue.

I'm not entirely sure if there is a 'beginners' list, per se, but you may want to lurk here and on comp.databases.oracle.server (newsgroup) for a while - learning through osmosis :)

Most of all, have fun.
Cheers,
GC
  --
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth."

                                    --Niels Bohr