RE: DB startup question

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:33:48 -0800

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C079A9.EC27D040

        charset="iso-8859-1"

My question:
>How do you tell which init file was used to start the database when "startup pfile=" is used?

Kevin's reply:

Sure, but suppose I call in sick due to weltschmerz or ennui the next day, and my colleague wants to know which pfile I used to startup the database the day before? e.g. we have different pfiles we employ depending on the type of tasks for which the database will be used. The only method I know is to view the parameters and compare them to the various pfiles (assuming none of the parameters have been changed since the database was restarted).

------_=_NextPart_001_01C079A9.EC27D040

        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>RE: DB startup question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My question:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;How do you tell which init file was used to =
start the database when &quot;startup pfile=3D&quot; is used? </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Kevin's reply:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;-----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;From: Kevin Kostyszyn [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:kevin_at_dulcian.com">mailto:kevin_at_dulcian.com</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;Sent: lundi, 8. janvier 2001 11:04</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;If you are doing it manually, don't you path out =
the pfile?</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sure, but suppose I call in sick due to weltschmerz =

or ennui the next day, and my colleague wants to know which pfile I =
used to startup the database the day before? e.g. we have different =
pfiles we employ&nbsp; depending on the type of tasks for which the =
database will be used. The only method I know is to view the parameters = and compare them to the various pfiles (assuming none of the parameters = have been changed since the database was restarted).</FONT></P> Received on Mon Jan 08 2001 - 13:33:48 CST