sql_trace parameter

From: Lisa Yates <cosnit_at_creighton.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:16:14 -0600 (CST)

Hi gurus....

I've got a problem with my sql_trace parameter. I am unable to set it to TRUE now, however, I was able to earlier today. Here's the scenerio:

  1. alter session set timed_statistics = true
  2. alter session set sql_trace = true
  3. run script I want analyzed
  4. alter session set sql_trace = false
  5. use another terminal and run tkprof on trace output
  6. alter session set sql_trace = true
  7. run another script I want analyzed
  8. alter session set sql_trace = false
  9. use another terminal and run tkprof on trace output
  10. delete *.trc file
  11. alter session set sql_trace = true
  12. run another script I want analyzed
  13. alter session set sql_trace = false
  14. use another terminal and discover my trace output is not there
  15. exit from sql session
  16. login to sql again
  17. look at v$parameter for sql_trace...it says is_sesmodifiable = false !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. bounce the db
  19. login to sql again
  20. sql_trace is still not session modifiable (or system for that matter!)

How can I make it modifiable again and what did I do to make it unmodifiable? TIA.

Lisa