Off topic: DBD::Oracle

From: Dwayne Cox <dcox_at_eng.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:32:54 -0500 (EST)

For the life of me, I cannot seem to get DBD::Oracle to work. The 'make test' portion of the install hangs every time. Using DBI 1.13 and DBD 1.02, it does not hang until it gets to the repetitive connection stage but it still hangs. Later versions and combinations hang earlier.

FYI: The DBI mods install flawlessly. And I remember to delete the old versions of both the DBD and DBI before trying a new/different version.

Would someone kindly point me in the right direction to solve this problem? I was unable to find a solution on technet or deja.

Platform: RedHat 6.2 (with various security patches), Oracle 8.1.6, Perl 5.005.

Thanks!!!

Dwayne Cox                                   University of Florida
Senior Systems Programmer                    College of Engineering
dcox_at_eng.ufl.edu                             521 Weil Hall
352.392.9217                                 Gainesville, FL  32611

The opinions expressed are the author's own unless otherwise stated Received on Mon Jan 08 2001 - 15:32:54 CST