Setting SGA size higher than 1.75 Gb on Solaris 2.6, Oracle 8.1.6

From: <saj.raza_at_qxl.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:12:54 -0000

Hi,
Has anyone set their SGA to a size greater than 1.75 Gb on Solaris 2.6 , Oracle 8.1.6 , using dedicated servers, with genksms ?

I've done it on a test box , to 3.25 Gb, as outlined in Note 1028623.6 on Metalink, but before I did it on any our production boxes I wondered if anyone had run into any problems with SGA's this big ?

Also , as long as I calculate the sum on the PGA memory max statistic from v$sesstat , and allow this for overhead on top of the SGA, with the total for the two figures remaining below say 3.75 Gb , is there anything else I need to be aware of and allow for ?

Thanks for your help,

Saj

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com