OEM on UNIX

From: Cyril Thankappan <cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2001 18:42:32 -0000

Hi!

Can anyone here help me with OEM on Unix platforms please?

Thanks

  Could be worse...they could decide that they should use CHAR instead of VARCHAR under the pretense of eliminating potential fragmentation problems. :) (and I have seen this in a vendor database...rough calculations said it would have required 1/7th the amount of disk space if they would have used varchars and allowed nulls)

:)

Jeffery Stevenson
Chief Databeast Tamer
Medical Present Value, Inc.
Austin, TX

Author: Siv Chelakkara
  INET: Siv.Chelakkara_at_3cc.co.wayne.mi.us

Author: Jeffery Stevenson
  INET: jeff_at_mpv.com

Chat with your friends as soon as they come online. Get Rediff Bol at http://bol.rediff.com

 From: "Rivera, Claudia" <crivera_at_utep.edu>  Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:05:48 -0700
 Subject: please help to display image

I am storing images as BLOBs.
But I would like to display them in a web page.

Does anyone have the sql and perl code on how to retrieve the image from the database and display it????

Please..... I would take the time to figure out how to do it, but the problem is I am running out of time!!! :(

--------------Claudia Rivera-----------------
DMC, Tech. Media Coordinator
crivera_at_utep.edu
http://dmc.utep.edu

 From: jared still <jkstill_at_teleport.com>  Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 11:01:57 -0800 (PST)  Subject: Re: Recovery Problem in Ora 7.3.4.0.1 on SunOS 5.6

Vivek,

I have no experience with this problem, but the nature of it strongly suggests that you should open a TAR with OWS and send them the core file.

Jared

 From: "Rachel Carmichael" <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>  Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:22:54 -0000
 Subject: Re: Recovery Problem in Ora 7.3.4.0.1 on SunOS 5.6

sounds awfully like a corrupted archived log...... and yes, call Support!

 From: "aaaa wwwwww" <krisibm_at_lycos.com>  Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 17:18:49 -0800

Dear Vivek

U type yourself archived files one by one

Then it takes

It thinks that there is no more files left

Rao