off topic (Solaris) Semaphore facility inactive

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 00:04:43 +0300

Hi List,

I have a clean box with solaris8 installed only. /etc/system has default (according to Oracle Installation guide) semaphore settings.

ipcs' output is:

IPC status from <running system> as of Thu Jan 4 08:04:29 CET 2001 Message Queue facility inactive.
T ID KEY MODE OWNER GROUP Shared Memory:
m 0 0x50000b8f --rw-r--r-- root root Semaphore facility inactive.

Q: Am I correct in that "Semaphore facility inactive" merely  means that semaphores are not being used by any programs at the moment? Should I consider any additional info in order to turn  the facility on?

Thanks in advance, Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 15:04:43 CST