inserting BLOBS? Is it even possible?

From: Dennis Taylor <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 09:48:08 -0800

I'm getting fairly freaked, here. I've got 4 Oracle manuals in various stages of "open" on my desk. I'm trying to find out how to insert or update a BLOB field in a table using just plain generic SQL. The SQL Reference implies that this is possible, but nowhere in any of the manuals does it actually show the syntax for doing so. Is it possible to do something equivalent to:

insert into SOMETABLE (BLOB_FIELD) values ('smooosh');

(This doesn't work. I've tried it.)
---

Dennis Taylor
---

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats. Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 11:48:08 CST