RE: microsoft sql vs. oracle

From: mRT Bonner <ravendarke2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:34:33 -0800 (PST)

Before I respond... what does "dwy ceinoig" mean?

I guess it really just comes down to preference, and what you happen to know. I hated SS 6x, as I was working with an application that required some... odd DB support. In order to properly support the application... well, you obviously read my last post. I'm not saying that MS has put out a bad product, far from it, I just had a very hard time finding those dials and knobs. That being said, I've never worked with 2000, and my experience with 7 was mostly design, but even then, they still had a 'hand-off' kind of approach.

I stand by my earlier statements, tho... I prefer to have a higher level of control. I still use an SLR camera, because Auto-focus annoys me.... :)

Claudia, I'm sorry, I forgot to add some more specific stuff... MS SQL Server will store images. Both Oracle and SQL Server can store enormous amounts of info. If you go out to http://terraserver.microsoft.com they have a database, something on the order of two or three terrabytes, that stores satellite images and maps. It was built when 7.0 was released to show off the new engine, and its storage capabilities...

I apologize if I sounded closed minded, I was merely pointing to some of my experience with the dbs.