RE: Database design dilemma - not null vs nullable

From: Jeffery Stevenson <jeff_at_mpv.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:15:19 -0600

  Could be worse...they could decide that they should use CHAR instead of VARCHAR under the pretense of eliminating potential fragmentation problems. :) (and I have seen this in a vendor database...rough calculations said it would have required 1/7th the amount of disk space if they would have used varchars and allowed nulls)

:)

Jeffery Stevenson
Chief Databeast Tamer
Medical Present Value, Inc.
Austin, TX

Author: Siv Chelakkara
  INET: Siv.Chelakkara_at_3cc.co.wayne.mi.us

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 14:15:19 CST