RE: How to find the tablename and the number of rows under each t

From: Johan Locke_at_i-Commerce Services <Locke_at_i-Commerce>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:53:43 +0200

Hi Ranganath

You could do the following: (use a function called mycount)

Select table_name, mycount(table_name)
from user_tables

---where

function mycount(p_table_name	in varchar) return number is
	v_sql		varchar2(500) := 'select count(*)	result from
' || p_table_name;
begin

If the tables are not too big I'd rather do a analyze. The above query could take a while.

Hope it helps
Regards
Johan Locke

Author: ranganathk krishnaswamy
  INET: ranganathk_at_lgsi.co.in

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 01:53:43 CST