Re: Q about RMAN and ADSM

From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_datsit.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:39:37 -0700

Haven't used RMAN, but for SQL-Backtrack there was a required module (ADSM OBSI) that allowed SQL-Backtrack to write backups directly to ADSM server. I don't think you can write to ADSM server directly without some type of module. From what I remember, backups are initiated and controlled by the ADSM server, so without a module you'd need to copy data to local disk to be backed up later by ADSM server. I'm not aware of an ADSM module for RMAN.