Q about RMAN and ADSM

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:44:08 -0600

Hello,
 I am not that familiar with RMAN. Some other team members are trying to figure out how RMAN would work with ADSM, and are in the process of acquiring the Connect Agent (or whatever) from IBM/Tivoli so RMAN can copy data to the ADSM server. Can someone who is using this setup please enlighten me whether RMAN will copy data directly to ADSM server via this process? Or do we need to have some 'holding' place (disk space) to copy the data to for ADSM to pick up from? Any information in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot...
- Kirti Deshpande Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 09:44:08 CST