Re: ODBC driver for Oracle 8 on HP-UX 11 64 bits ???

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:44:33 EST

--part1_de.e6d83d7.27860271_boundary

Do you mean an ODBC that runs ON HP-UX? Or one that can be used to access Oracle 8 on HP-UX from a Windows client? If you mean just access HP-UX from a Windows client, the same driver will work with any server platform regardless of OS or 32 vs. 64 bit. Just download the appropriate one for your client OS and database version from Technet.

If you mean one that runs ON HP-UX, I suggest checking out Merant. They bought Intersolve and have lots of ODBC drivers available for purchase.

Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting

In a message dated 1/4/01 3:38:29 AM Central Standard Time, yannick_tireford_at_hp.com writes:

   > Hello,

>    does anybody know if there are any ODBC drivers for Oracle 8 on HP-UX
> 11 64 bits ? If yes, what are the limitations ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answer,
>
>    Yannick

--part1_de.e6d83d7.27860271_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Do you mean an ODBC that runs ON HP-UX? &nbsp;Or one that can be used to access <BR>Oracle 8 on HP-UX from a Windows client? &nbsp;If you mean just access HP-UX from <BR>a Windows client, the same driver will work with any server platform <BR>regardless of OS or 32 vs. 64 bit. &nbsp;Just download the appropriate one for <BR>your client OS and database version from Technet.
<BR>
<BR>If you mean one that runs ON HP-UX, I suggest checking out Merant. &nbsp;They <BR>bought Intersolve and have lots of ODBC drivers available for purchase. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Marc Perkowitz
<BR>MTP Systems Consulting
<BR>
<BR>In a message dated 1/4/01 3:38:29 AM Central Standard Time, <BR>yannick_tireford_at_hp.com writes:
<BR>
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Hello,
<BR>
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;does anybody know if there are any ODBC drivers for Oracle 8 on HP-UX
<BR>11 64 bits ? If yes, what are the limitations ?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks in advance for your answer,
<BR>
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;Yannick