[Q] How to migrate from ORACLE to MS SQL Server?

From: L <leed_at_chele.cais.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:12:17 -0500 (EST)

We plan to migrate from ORACLE 8.1.6 on SUN to MS SQL Server 2000 on Win 2000. Can anyone has experience can tell me how to do it?

My questions are:

  1. our ORACLE DB have:

   Tables
   indexs
   Foreign key
   constraint (Primary key, not null, unique)    sequences
   synonyms

Our ORACLE DB does NOT have:

   trigger
   procedure
   function
   package
   db link

2. Does MS Sql Server has tool can migrate ORACLE DB?

3. Does tool also handle index, foreign key, constraint, sequence, views and synonyms?

4. how to migrate user id to SQL Server?

5. Anythings I need manual implement? Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 16:12:17 CST