RE: UNIX: remove duplicate lines

From: jared still <jkstill_at_teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 23:05:46 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Stephen Andert wrote:

> Any reason why you cant sort? If not,
>
> cat file_name | sort -u
>
> should give you unique items.
>
> HTH
As Randall Schwartz would say, that is another useless use of cat.

But I'm not Randall Schwartz, so I won't say it.

;)

( No flames please! It's a joke! :)

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;) jkstill_at_teleport.com
jared_still_at_enron.net Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 01:05:46 CST