Nologging vs unrecoverable

From: Bala, Prakash <prakash.bala_at_cingular.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:46:53 -0500

Hi,

Database version is 8.1.6 on Sun and I am the only user connected to it. Have setup a table with 'nologging' option.

Per the docs and metalink, when SQL*loader is used with the direct=true option, it should not generate any redo log entries. But when I check v$sysstat, the net increase of redo size was 27309344.

But when I loaded again with the 'unrecoverable' and 'direct=true' options, the net increase of redo size was only 81704.

As per Metalink, the unrecoverable option will not be supported in v9 and nologging is the way to go.

Can someone explain this? Received on Wed Jan 03 2001 - 14:46:53 CST