Re: Oracle + Sybase

From: jared still <jkstill_at_teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:46:18 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Xin "Michael" Wu wrote:

> Hello,All,
>
> I have a question related to syncing an Oralce table and a Sybase table. If
> I want to insert a record into one of my Oracle tables, the corresponding
> record should be inserted into my Sybase table. I know I can setup a trigger
> to handle that. But how do I let Oracle talk with Sybase,and vise versa?
>
> Your suggestion is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

  1. Oracle Gateway for Sybase
  2. Sybase Replication

Thre are other ways to accomplish this, but these 2 spring to mind as the simplest.

Gateway is probably the simplest and cheapest.

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;) jkstill_at_teleport.com Received on Tue Jan 02 2001 - 10:46:18 CST