Re: Oracle + Sybase

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 16:52:29 EST

I've been told that Oracle is in the process of rewriting the Transparent Gateways for 8i and I have been unable to find any good source of information on them. Metalink has conflicting and outright incorrect information, especially in the Forum areas. So be warned. We need an interface between Oracle and Informix. Because of the inability to get accurate information including future direction, we are planning to not use this software and are currently investigating products from Merant (which bought Intersolve). They have stated that 2-phase commit is supported, but we have not verified that yet.

Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting

In a message dated 1/2/2001 11:32:54 AM Central Standard Time, Shawn.Ferris_at_twtelecom.com writes:

<< Look into sybase replication. It will do replication to/from many different  RDBMS.    Alternatively look at oracle transparent gateways. I believe you could do  the same and from what I understand this is the only product (at least  4-5years ago) that supported 2 phased commits to a third party db.

 HTH
 Shawn M Ferris
 Oracle DBA - Time Warner Telecom