Re: Tablespace

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:55:16 -0500

Kevin,
The defrag of a tablespace is not easy. I do not know about 8.1.6 but on = 7x you should have plenty of time on the server with no access by users. = The steps I have used is to:
TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE!!!!!
1. list all of the tables in the tablespace including their size requiremen= ts.

2. export all of the listed tables.
3. drop the tables from the tablespace and coalesce the tablespace.
4. recreate the tables trying to use uniform extent sizes.
5. import the table data.
6. check grants, synonyms, views, packages that used the tables.
It takes time and accuracy......
ROR m=AA=BF=AAm

>>> kevin_at_dulcian.com 12/22/00 03:51PM >>>
RE: How much beer should a DBA consume? (Lots)Hi all,

    Does anybody here know how to defrag a tablespace? Because I do not even hava a clue? Thanks in advance.
Oracle 8.1.6 DB

Kevin Kostyszyn Received on Wed Dec 27 2000 - 07:55:16 CST