Re[2]: you are insufferably sanctimonious

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:01:06 -0500

Well, I for one have no problem with off topic discussions, actually I think they add to the total very nicely, but this one I think may have gone a bit too far as it appears to have morphed into something personal.

Would it be too much to ask those involved to take this off-line (namely leave the list out of it).

TIA Dick Goulet

Subject: Re: you are insufferably sanctimonious Author: "Eric D. Pierce" <PierceED_at_csus.edu> Date: 12/26/2000 4:20 PM

On 26 Dec 2000, at 14:00, Tom Gabriel (rich geld?) wrote:

To:                     PierceED_at_csus.edu
Date sent:              Tue, 26 Dec 2000 14:00:07

> >>Main problems in the USA: the social alienation/ fragmentation/
> atomization, & decline of family and community life. Much of this
> is a result of "conspicuous consumption", excessive materialistic
> values, rootlessness , etc.
>
> Not really. More likely it is the result of globalists like yourself who
> correctly see racism, classism, sexism, religious discrimination, and
> cultural parochialism in traditonally evolved communities - and think that
> the "solution" is to destroy diversity by destroying "traditional
> communities" rather than learning to live with the isms of human nature.
>
> rich geld

Tom/rich/whoever,

All the unrepentant (post-60s) leftists I know accuse me of being a "traitor" for having taken a objective look at the validity of "conservative" perspectives. Conservative perspectives confirm the need for ethical base(s) and creative/dynamic energy arising from diverse ethnic/religious communities to offset the tendency toward monopolistic "leftist oligarchies" within social systems. eg, see Jurgen Habermas (and Seymour Lipset:)

   http://www.ou.edu/special/albertctr/extensions/sp98/contents.html

(same for the mirror opposite, eg, dominator hierarchies via Received on Wed Dec 27 2000 - 09:01:06 CST