Sending results of scripts via SMTP

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 07:11:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

There is nothing automatic at this client, I want to send the results of various jobs to an email address. I've start reading about smtp .

This is on Solaris 2.7. What I do is :
telnet smtp server
mail from: ...
rcpt to: ...
data

.
quit

When doing it manually it works, I'm trying to do it within a script without success.

How do I send stuff within a script ?
TIA

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. Received on Tue Dec 26 2000 - 09:11:58 CST