Re: Linux Enhancements

From: Cyril Thankappan <cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 24 Dec 2000 19:55:05 -0000

Hi!

I am having a problem installing 'any Oracle' product on linux.

 after mounting the software CD , the cdrom  device is not displayed in output of "df -k"  (but ls -alt /cdrom shows the files)
 and the files have ownership of some numeric.

 This disallows the user (oracle ) to run the  runInstaller program.

 Another problem is I am having problems  installing IAS8i on linux.
 the runInstaller simply gives coredump.

 Can someone help me with the 'java part' (like java  installation,java_home,class_path settings etc...)

 Thanks a lot..

Why is linux (redhat 6.2 2 CPUs oracle 8.1.7 running on Compaq) make use of one processor at time.

Is it a kernel problem ? or An Oracle problem ?

Any suggestion will be very nice :- )
Thanks

Author: Rachid Moutawakkil
  INET: r.moutawakkil_at_sicodex.co.ma

Chat with your friends as soon as they come online. Get Rediff Bol at http://bol.rediff.com

 From: "Rachid Moutawakkil" <r.moutawakkil_at_sicodex.co.ma>  Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 22:18:42 -0000
 Subject: RE: Linux Enhancements

Hi the installation goes very easy for me but I installed from disk. The problem with your ownership can be avoided by mounting the cdrom for a user see mount man files for passing ownership. Or if you have enough space copy cdrom contents to some directory and change the ownership with something like: find . -exec chown oracle:oinstall {} \; the java part doesn't needs a java home etc the installer asks you for the bin directory of your java distribution

End Of ORACLE-L Digest -- Volume 2000, Number 360