RE: DBA - Job boundaries & perks

From: Jeffery Stevenson <jeff_at_mpv.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 07:38:39 -0600

  Well, an IPO really sucks the life out of a company because it opens = the
company up to the public (and then you have to start catering to the = whims
of the public instead of being able to dedicate all of your time doing = what
you do best), and if the IPO does better than originally planned (as in overshoots its target number), it really hurts the company (it's good = for
the stockholders, but not as good for the company). A good scenario is = to
get bought by another larger, well-established company and have them = buy out
50-75% of your stock at current valuation (or more depending on how = well its
negotiated) and then roll the rest of your stock into their stock. = They
shield you from most of the public eye and you can keep "saving the = world"
or whatever that startup does!
  I only wear jeans here during the winter...summertime its shorts, = tshirts,
and sandals!
  Seems like there are a lot of bad startup stories out there...any = good
ones people care to share?

Jeffery Stevenson
Chief Databeast Tamer
Medical Present Value, Inc.