RE: Heavy data load at master site...

From: <Scott.Shafer_at_dcpds.cpms.osd.mil>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:54:32 -0600

Possibly a better solution would be:

  1. Break the refresh job on the snapshot site using dbms_job.broken(job#, 'Y')
  2. Load data on the master site.
  3. Unbreak the job at a convenient time or off hours using dbms_job.broken(job#, 'N') and allow the refresh to run normally from then on.

OR

I have used both methods.

Scott Shafer
San Antonio, TX