Re: ACTIVE STATUS in v$log

From: Emine ATES <emineates_at_postmaster.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:08:30 +0000

Dear Rahul,
did you check the alert.log for
'checkpoint not complete' messages?
Acc. to my knowledge,
archiver is fired on the event of log switch but it doesn't wait for LGWR to complete the checkpoint.If checkpoint can not be completed, that log remains active and required for crash recovery, therefore at sometime a log can be both active and archived.
I don't know much about your standby db status but if a crash occurs at this critical point I had to make a recovery. Please correct me if I'm in conflict.