Re: sql problem (hope it's not too easy!)

From: Dennis Taylor <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:54:06 -0800

No, the requirement that's giving me headaches is that, for a given customer, I have to show one T2 record for each T1 'FEECODE' type, WHETHER OR NOT a T2 record actually exists for that customer for that code. So for instance, if I've got codes called 'A', 'B', and 'C', (in T1) and T2 contains, for cust 1, records with FEECDs 'A' and 'B' but no record for 'C', I want to see this:

cust	feecd		yesno
------	--------		-------
1	A		Y (or whatever)
1	B		N
1	C

I can't get that last line to show up.

At 08:41 AM 12/22/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Would an outer joing work ? Something like:
>
>select t2.custno
> , t2.feecd
> , t1.feedesc
> , decode(t1.feedesc, null, 'YourDefault',null)
> from t1, t2
> where t2.feecd = t1.feecode (+)

---
Dennis Taylor
---
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas