My Christmas wish to you...

From: Shaw, Glen <Glen.Shaw_at_BellSouth.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:59:42 -0500

In this crazy, hectic time of year people run in every direction to get it all done. Working extra hours to be able to enjoy a couple of days off, buying presents for friends and family, shipping those gifts and praying they actually make it before the 25th, and traveling to see family. It's easy to see where Scrooge got his demeanor. In the South (North America), there is a saying that is appropriate. "I'm so busy, I don't know whether to wind my butt or scratch my watch!"

So, my Christmas wish to you is this...

Christmas is a time for celebration. The root of that celebration surrounds the birth of a single child in Bethlehem. This child grew up in obscurity for 30 years. However, in the last 3 years of His life on earth, He altered the course of humanity. He never killed anyone, conquered any countries, or destroyed any cities. He never once exalted Himself above anyone. He came to serve in absolute humility. For those not familiar, His name is Jesus. He is the Son of God and He came to earth to offer Himself as a sacrifice for mankind. His birth represents the beginning of a new covenant between God and mankind. His death on the cross sealed that covenant. A permanent atonement for the sin of all.

This one life, over 2,000 years ago, offers eternal life for all who are willing to acknowledge their sin, ask Jesus to forgive them, and accept Him as their Lord and Savior. It's a simple, finite act of faith that opens up eternity.

I wish I could better describe to you the ultimate JOY that Christmas truly means.

This is my Christmas wish to you...

May God bless you all. Merry Christmas! Received on Fri Dec 22 2000 - 12:59:42 CST