Re: Enqueue Lock Error (Solaris/Oracle 8.1.6.2.1)

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:04:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Emine,

No. This has nothing to do with ARCn or LGWR. The portion of the alert file Ken posted is misleading. Look at the two timestamps.

Steve Adams studied this issue in his book on pages 49-50. There's not much you can do about it. Call Oracle support for this problem.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

you wrote:

Ken,
How many archive processes do you have?
Are you doing manual archiving?
To archive ,ARC process obtains a write lock for log files from an enqueue (I don't remember the name of it).I think this error message related with that lock. One more thing,
Does LGWR 's job take a great time (this is not because of log blocks size it ha
s to write, as you know there is a 1m limit for it.Maybe disk I/O is too slow) I hope you can find something if you check for these. Regards
Emine
On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:31:00 -0800 "Fowler, Kenneth R" wrote:
> Has anyone seen this error before...
>

> Mon Dec 18 23:48:56 2000
> ARC0: Beginning to archive log# 3 seq# 648
> ARC0: Completed archiving log# 3 seq# 648
> Tue Dec 19 01:21:16 2000
>

> We are seeing a lot of segmentation errors from an application that has just
> been upgraded to 8.1.6.2.1. I am wondering if the above error could be
> related? Is the above error something to worry about? and/or could it cause
> application problems?
>

> Thanks,
> Ken

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 11:04:47 CST