Which LINUX distribution is best to run Oracle on?

From: Scott Lockhart <sdlockhart_at_bigplanet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:40:45 -0700

ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com Listmates,

I want to install Linux on my laptop so that I can run Oracle 8.1.6 on it.
Which LINUX distribution would be best strictly from this perspective? I am torn between Caldera (being a home-town product) and Red Hat, which

I have heard is the best as far as support from and with Oracle.

Thanks in advance,
Scott Lockhart
Senior Consultant (Oracle DBA/Oracle Applications DBA)

By the way,
I am focused on running Oracle on Linux, as I'm an Oracle DBA by trade. Please save any evangelizing about MySQL, DB2 for LINUX, Informix for LINUX, etc. for another thread :) Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 15:40:45 CST