RE: how to downgrade a database

From: barry botuck <botes_at_hq.idt.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:45:42 -0500

From:	barry  botuck [mailto:bbotuck_at_corp.idt.net]
Sent:	Wednesday, December 20, 2000 11:37 AM
To:	LazyDBA (E-mail); ORACLE-L
Subject:	how to downgrade a database

We had upgraded to 8.1.7 on NT in production. I have encountered errors which can not be resolved by oracle support

Does anyone have experience in downgrading from a previous release on NT.

I have 2 oracle homes 8.17 and 8.16

Can I just point to the 8.16 home and rerun catalog catproc and catrep (how ??)
Is there a downgrade procedure that can be run against the 8.1.7 home ??

Any help would be appreciated since I basically have a down production system Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 11:45:42 CST