RE: Installation problem of oracle 8.1.6 on sun solaris 2.6

From: Shawn Ferris <Shawn.Ferris_at_twtelecom.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:32:33 -0700

We have experienced install problems of 8.1.6. (I can't recall the details, I didn't do the installs, but they've happened multiple times!) In our case the installer was choosing the incorrect architecture. 64bit when in actuality it's running 32bit. I don't even recall how they got around it but I think they installed elsewhere and copied/relinked on the right system.

Shawn M Ferris
Oracle DBA - Time Warner Telecom