Partitioning

From: David Turner <turner_at_elvis.mu.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:56:34 -0600

I have a user that wants to partition a table using range partitioning on a table with currently 70 million rows. In the future the table will hit about 400 million rows.

However, I checked how much space the table was taking up and saw that it was only taking up about 100 MB. I haven't normally partitioned tables under 2GB and wondered if there would be such a large performance gain to partitioning since the row count is so high that I should partition anyway.

Any info on this would be great. I'll be testing this later and sure I will find some things better about partitioning the table even though it is so small.

Dave Turner Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 16:56:34 CST