Help me !!

From: Dash, Saroj (CAP,CEF) <Saroj.Dash_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:12:58 +0900

Hello,

Please tell me one procedure DBMS_SPACE.FREE_BLOCKS() takes 5 parameters.

But there is one parameter called Freelist_group_id which you have to pass .The datatype is Number.

So My question is how to calculate the freelist group_id for a index.

I select freelist_group from dba_index but it gives error. It says use correct scan_limit .

Please tell me about the procedure to calculate free blocks for a index.

if you need help I am sending the some hint below about that procedure ,please tell me .

FREE_BLOCKS procedure
This procedure returns information about free blocks in an object (table, index, or cluster).

Syntax
DBMS_SPACE.FREE_BLOCKS (

   segment_owner     IN  VARCHAR2,
   segment_name      IN  VARCHAR2,
   segment_type      IN  VARCHAR2,
   freelist_group_id IN  NUMBER,
   free_blks         OUT NUMBER,
   scan_limit        IN  NUMBER DEFAULT NULL,
   partition_name IN VARCHAR2 DEFAULT NULL);

freelist_group_id

  Freelist group (instance) whose free list size is to be computed.

free_blks

  Returns count of free blocks for the specified group.

scan_limit

  Maximum number of free list blocks to read (optional).

Use a scan limit of X you are interested only in the question, "Do I have X blocks on the free list?"

partition_name

  Partition name of the segment to be analyzed. Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 20:12:58 CST